You are asked to review one of the below academic articles by completing the journal article review
template provided. You are not allowed to edit the questions in the template or create your own.
Your submission will not be assessed unless the correct template is used.
Your review should:
• identify the key concepts and theories related to your chosen article;
• demonstrate a grasp of the author’s main arguments in the article;
• discuss the practical implications of the reading; you should consider why the topic of the article
is interesting and important for managers of multinational enterprises (MNEs) in the
contemporary global business world and how the understanding of the article would benefit the
• present these by using an effective academic writing style.
Some tips for this assessment
• When reviewing an academic article, it is critical to focus on what the authors are arguing rather
than simply the subject that they are talking about.
• Use your own words and avoid direct quotations as quotations do not explain your thinking or
judgements. Summarising in your own words and paraphrasing are essential skills for academic
writing. To summarise means to reduce a text to its main points and its most important ideas.
Paraphrasing means putting it into your own words.
The criteria against which the assessment will be graded are:
• evidence of critical reading and understanding of the article;
• reflection on the practical implications of the article for managers of multinational enterprises
• presentation which includes a clear writing style, good grammar, spelling and appropriate
referencing (This course uses the Harvard (or RMIT-Harvard) citation method unless otherwise
stated -see http://www.lib.rmit.edu.au/easy-cite/ for more information on the referencing