Healthcare is a constantly changing environment. Anticipating, understanding, and planning for the prevalent issues and challenges faced are key talents for the successful leader in healthcare. Each student will prepare a 10 page paper that addressing the following question:
What is the proper role of healthcare in the United States? Is it a service for sale or a right? What and why would you recommend as the next major revision to the nation’s healthcare?
To fully address this question, the analysis may consider the following:
- What role is played by government?
- Identify and analyze current trends in healthcare, including information technology, biotechnology, smart phones, health informatics, and other relevant technologies in the context of the overall US healthcare system.
- Address the impact of various stakeholders and influencers.
- How do education, workforce availability, and human capital issues affect healthcare?
- Identify key factors driving or limiting the further growth of healthcare.
- How do the social determinants of health impact? What other external factors might influence healthcare?
- Deliberate on the roles of professional obligation and ethics.